My Old PSP The Handheld Game Console 


It's not a Switch Lite, but it's the next best thing!The original PSP was the shit. Seriously... So far ahead of its time and massively under appreciated for what it was.

The Vita was also an amazing piece of technology. The original, OLED screen, solid graphics, great capability. One of the most mishandled pieces of technology. Stupid proprietary overpriced memory cards really helped kill it. Trying to have overpriced Cellular models etc etc etc.
They were gonna put Oblivion on it! I don’t remember why it never happened though.
Not just under appreciated but Sony just crapped on it in general. Stuff like Gran Turismo PSP bring announced as a near-launch title, getting every cargeek hyped (and convincing me personally to buy a PSP) only to turn out the footage they showed was fake and was in fact downgraded PS2 Gran Turismo footage, there had been no development on the game at all, and the game wouldn’t get a release until 5 years later.

I definitely invested a significant portion of my childhood on Hotshots Golf and that ATV game. The PSP was so of its time, and it was massively unsupported by the company that released it. Figure it out.
Really simple to do, and now I can play Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games as well as OG PlayStation games! There are other emulators, but I don't really need/want them.

I used to have one that had every single NES Super NES and Sega game on it. Girl I was seeing stole it when I broke up with her. Still think about tracking her down and choking her every now and then. But meh.
I did enjoy my hacked PSP back in the day. Too bad my ex was the one who set it up for me and he ended up being a cheating asshole so I stopped playing my PSP shortly after we broke up. I didn't remember how he set it all up and I got sick of the games I had on it.

I'm sad that the Vita flopped too. I mean I'm a lifelong Nintendo fan, but there are some Playstation exclusive titles that I would have loved to play on the Vita, had they actually made games for it.

SHARE THIS

Author:

Previous Post
Next Post